You know, the blogging community really is something special. We spend so much time doing research, writing, proof-reading and editing our experiences, adventures, and sometimes even our darkest moments.
We are a brave bunch because it does take a lot of courage to put your heart out there, to show people what you love, how you love and hope that they respond in a positive way.
This past week I was given the ultimate positive response by winning a Liebster Award for my blog! I was nominated by fellow travel blogger, Will, who writes informative travel pieces as well as takes gorgeous, eye-catching photos! You’ve definitely got to check out his blog – Adventurous Will
Liebster is a German word that means dearest or beloved. It can also mean the sweetest, kindest, and nicest.
So what exactly is the Liebster Award? Well, it’s an award given to bloggers by other bloggers, and this is the only way to obtain this award! It exists solely on the internet, and was started in 2011 in order to create awareness for smaller, yet totally awesome blogs like the ones I’m going to nominate today!
Once you have accepted your Liebster Award, it is your duty to answer a series of questions from the blogger who nominated you.
Here are the questions I was asked by Adventurous Will –
- What are the three small things that make you happy?
Hand down a hot cup of chai, gemstones, and those nostalgic smells that bring back old memories… Oh, those always make me smile!!
- If you could do any job, what would you like to do?
I’m really torn between a marine biologist and scientist that deals with the extraterrestrial! I am really intrigued by the unknown, and I feel there is so much information hidden from us.
- What’s the last compliment that you received?
Wow, honestly it was winning the Liebster Award! 😀 It’s a huge compliment, and I couldn’t be more thrilled!
- What’s your comfort food and where to get it?
My comfort food is chocolate!! I have to at least have one piece every day! I especially like Justin’s Organic Peanut Butter Cups, they are my favorite right now, and not as sweet as a regular Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. You’ve got to give them a try!!
- What’s the most extreme adventure that you wish you could do?
Really anything!! I want to collect as many experiences as possible. However, I would jump at the chance to visit another planet, perhaps have one of the first “My life on Mars” blogs. Haha.
Or with the climate changing, if there were any research programs, such as living underwater (in a dome) or any type of underground city, I would be thrilled to participate.
- Facebook or Instagram?
Facebook for me, because you can connect more with others, and it’s a better place to market yourself.
- When traveling, do you prefer to stay in hostels, Airbnb or hotels?
I enjoy staying in a hotel environment the most. I like the privacy and the convenience, however, I have stayed at some great Airbnb locations and highly recommend their services.
Unfortunately, I have not gotten the chance to stay at any hostels, but I am not opposed to them and will definitely share an adventure with you when I do get my chance to stay in one.
- If you could tame any animal, which one would you choose to be your pet?
I don’t even have to think about this one, if I could tame ANY ANIMAL and have it as my pet, it would be a Dragon. I just find them so mysterious and intriguing. Not to mention, we would have an incredible time traveling the world together!
- If you were given a choice to live as long as you like, how long would you like to live?
I do have a fairly large number at about 1,000 years old. I just want to see technology as it develops. I play a lot of video games, so it would be super cool to how they continue to be developed around virtual reality, and where that eventually takes us.
- What are your dream travel destinations? Name three cities.
Bangkok, Thailand // Jakarta, Indonesia // Istanbul, Turkey
- What are the upcoming articles that we shall look forward to reading your blog?
I have a lot of articles pertaining to the historical sites in Italy as well as amazing tips and tricks to inspire and help you save for your next adventure! <3
MY NOMINEES FOR THE 2017 LIEBSTER AWARD
The blogs I have nominated are a mix of travel, inspirational, and lifestyle. They are all fantastic, and I highly recommend visiting each one as they have their own unique vibe.
So what happens if you are one of the blogs I have nominated for the Liebster Award?
Well, you can visit The Global Aussie for the list of official rules.
However, I do have a list of questions I’d now like for you to answer on your post!!
- What are three songs that you will never take off your playlist?
- What is one topic you wish you knew more about?
- What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
- The world is constantly evolving, however, what is one thing you hope will never change?
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- Where is the most beautiful place that you have visited?
- When do you feel truly “alive”?
- We all have our stories, but what is the title of the chapter you’re living right now?
- What is something that has happened, or perhaps something someone said, that changed the way you view the world?
- If you could only take 5 things with you on your travels, what would they be?
- If you had to choose one city to live in for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
Cheers everyone! I can not wait to read your posts 😀